THE BEAT GENERATION
Will Dockery
2007-04-30 07:47:11 UTC
[APRIL IS NATIONAL POETRY MONTH!]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Poetry_Month
WIKIPEDIA: THE BEAT GENERATION
WILLIAM SEWARD BURROUGHS II (Kansas: 1914-1997)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_S._Burroughs
HERMAN POOLE BLOUNT/LE SONY'R RA (Alabama: 1914-1993)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sun_Ra
LAWRENCE FERLINGHETTI (New York: 1919-Present)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lawrence_Ferlinghetti
JEAN-LOUIS LEBRIS DE KEROUAC (Massachusetts: 1922-1969)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_kerouac
PHILIP WHALEN (Oregon: 1923-2002)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philip_Whalen
FRANCIS RUSSELL O'HARA (Maryland: 1926-1966)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_O%27Hara
IRWIN ALLEN GINSBERG (New York: 1926-1996)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allen_Ginsberg
GREGORY NUNZIO CORSO (New York: 1930-2001)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gregory_Corso
GARY SHERMAN SNYDER (California: 1930-Present)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Snyder
MICHAEL MCCLURE (Kansas, 1932-Present)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_McClure
PETER ORLOVSKY (New York: 1933-Present)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Orlovsky
DIANE DI PRIMA (New York: 1934-Present)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diane_di_Prima
EVERETT LEROI JONES/AMIRI BARAKA (New Jersey: 1934-Present)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LeRoi_Jones
ANNE WALDMAN (New Jersey: 1945-Present)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anne_Waldman

Good collection, to which I'll add:

Neal Cassady:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neal_Cassady

John Clellon Holmes:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Clellon_Holmes

Herbert Huncke:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herbert_Huncke

Lucien Carr:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucien_carr

Beat Generation:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Clellon_Holmes
--
Will Dockery links:

Shadowville All-Stars: http://www.myspace.com/shadowvilleallstars

Will Dockery: http://www.myspace.com/willdockery

Parnello's Pizza:
- - - - - -
TODD TAMANEND CLARK
Poet/Composer/Multi-Instrumentalist/Cultural Historian
The Monongahela River, Turtle
Islandhttp://cdbaby.com/all/primalpulsehttp://myspace.com/toddtamanendclarkh
ttp://rateitall.com/TODD+TAMANEND+CLARKhttp://rateyourmusic.com/~Todd_Clark
"I'm an American artist, and I have no guilt.
I seek pleasure. I seek the nerves under your skin."
- - Patti Smith
"The soul should always stand ajar,
ready to welcome the ecstatic experience."
- - Emily Dickinson
TODD TAMANEND CLARK
2007-04-30 11:33:43 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
[...]
That last link is a repeat of an earlier link, Will.

Did you intend a different link?

- - - - - -
TODD TAMANEND CLARK
Poet/Composer/Multi-Instrumentalist/Cultural Historian
The Monongahela River, Turtle Island
http://cdbaby.com/all/primalpulse
http://myspace.com/toddtamanendclark
http://rateitall.com/TODD+TAMANEND+CLARK
http://rateyourmusic.com/~Todd_Clark

"A good deal of such ecstasy -- reminiscent of a
shamanic seance with its rhythmic kinesis, music, words,
and audience participation -- carried over into jazz."
- - Neil Leonard

"In the seance, the shaman led. A sensuous panic,
deliberately evoked through drugs, chants, dancing,
hurls the shaman into trance. Changed voice,
convulsive movement. He acts like a madman."
- - Jim Morrison

"The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones
who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved,
desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who
never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn,
burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like
spiders across the stars..."
- - Jack Kerouac
Will Dockery
2007-04-30 11:51:43 UTC
Post by TODD TAMANEND CLARK
Post by Will Dockery
[...]
<snip>
Post by TODD TAMANEND CLARK
That last link is a repeat of an earlier link, Will.
Did you intend a different link?
Yeah, I intended to link to "Brat Generation" there:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beat_generation
--
Shadowville Speedway Blues

In a taxi watching a sporting house
Beside a Linwood vacant lot
Silverdollar moon portspotting
Constellation like a sailor's knot.
The sky was black, ink and glitter in the night
Train whine saxophone out beyond the light
I'm in love with a ghost blue turns to grey
Put a pyramid on my head to take my pain away.
Hazel knew the karma, she kept it in a bottle
Now I'm here on the receiving end
At least I still know how to take a joke
And laugh with none of my friends.
Shadowville, Shadowville Speedway
Riding slow down a one way street
Shadowville, Shadowville Speedway
Don't look back, don't admit defeat.

Brown Reculse magic drifting around the shed
Someone has it in for me I must not lose my head
Moving with the speedo life several with me left behind
Burned too many bridges defragmented my time.
Somewhere in time I've seen all this before
In a magazine or a dream of a distant war
Manifested destiny a manifesto and a part
All the actors still agree that ever had a heart.
The good book and the fortune telling lady
Black tooth mojo marked index cards
Bundles over the side of Dillingham Bridge
Splashing as ripples reflect from the stars.
Hazel knew the karma she kept it in a bottle
Now I'm here on the receiving end
At least I still know how to take a joke
And laugh with none of my friends.
Shadowville, Shadowville Speedway
Riding slow down a one way street
Shadowville, Shadowville Speedway
Don't look back, don't admit defeat.

-Will Dockery (words)/Brian Fowler (music)
(new arrangement by Brian Mallard)

Shadowville All-Stars song samples:
http://www.myspace.com/shadowvilleallstars

http://www.myspace.com/willdockery
- - - - - -
- - Jack Kerouac
Will Dockery
2007-05-01 12:11:45 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
Post by TODD TAMANEND CLARK
That last link is a repeat of an earlier link, Will.
Did you intend a different link?
Yeah, I intended to link to "Beat Generation"
<typo fixed>
Post by Will Dockery
[...]
Post by TODD TAMANEND CLARK
- - - - - -
[...]
"The Ride (Combat Zone)":
http://www.myspace.com/shadowvilleallstars

"Wobble":
http://www.myspace.com/willdockery
Reginald Simpson
2007-05-01 13:57:46 UTC
Will Dockery wrote:

<snip>
Post by Will Dockery
<typo fixed>
<snip>

I believe you had it right the first time. And it was a Freudian slip,
not a typo.

You, Will Dockery, belong to The Spoiled Brat Generation.

All this self-promotion proves it. If you were as good a writer or poet
as you seem to think you are, you would have a publicist and an editor
doing all that for you.
Will Dockery
2007-05-01 14:15:27 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
<snip>
Post by Will Dockery
<typo fixed>
<snip>
I believe you had it right the first time. And it was a Freudian slip,
not a typo.
You, Will Dockery, belong to The Spoiled Brat Generation.
Most Americans of my age and younger are... the 1970s, 80s and 90s
were a wild and comfortable ride, indeed!

--
"The Ride (Combat Zone)" by Dockery-Mallard-Beck:
http://www.myspace.com/shadowvilleallstars

"Wobble" by Dockery-Conley:
http://www.myspace.com/willdockery
Reginald Simpson
2007-05-01 14:41:35 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Will Dockery
<snip>
Post by Will Dockery
<typo fixed>
<snip>
I believe you had it right the first time. And it was a Freudian slip,
not a typo.
You, Will Dockery, belong to The Spoiled Brat Generation.
Most Americans of my age and younger are... the 1970s, 80s and 90s
were a wild and comfortable ride, indeed!
It shows. You have no moral fiber and no integrity. You lack candor and
credibility. You have no fortitude of character and absolutely no
tenacity of spirit.

And, if you were as good a writer or poet as you seem to think you are,
you would have a publicist and an editor doing all this self-promotion
for you.
Will Dockery
2007-05-01 14:53:55 UTC
Post by Reginald Simpson
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Reginald Simpson
You, Will Dockery, belong to The Spoiled Brat Generation.
Most Americans of my age and younger are... the 1970s, 80s and 90s
were a wild and comfortable ride, indeed!
It shows.
It /shows/ that you're a bit of a cranky whining "brat" yourself.

On The Highways and Bi-Ways God Built
2007-05-01 15:03:09 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Reginald Simpson
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Reginald Simpson
You, Will Dockery, belong to The Spoiled Brat Generation.
Most Americans of my age and younger are... the 1970s, 80s and 90s
were a wild and comfortable ride, indeed!
It shows.
It /shows/ that you're a bit of a cranky whining "brat" yourself.
yet another one of your many "fans" telling you the truth, dockery?

heh, you are so sad.

most sincerely,

GodBuilt
"I like to drink, I like to drive, I like to think all of the Jews got out of
the Holocaust alive, my name is Mel, and can't you tell, I like Tequila!"

Denis Leary
Reginald Simpson
2007-05-01 15:27:36 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Reginald Simpson
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Reginald Simpson
You, Will Dockery, belong to The Spoiled Brat Generation.
Most Americans of my age and younger are... the 1970s, 80s and 90s
were a wild and comfortable ride, indeed!
It shows.
It /shows/ that you're a bit of a cranky whining "brat" yourself.
I couldn't expect you to respond any differently.

Instead of addressing my accusations, you wimpishly try changing the
focus of attention, thereby indirectly proving me correct in my
assessment of you.

You see, that's another attribute of The Spoiled Brat Generation: No
brass-balls, and no backbone.

I'm sure Kerouac would find you extremely abhorrent, and would have
nothing to do with you.
Will Dockery
2007-05-01 15:54:01 UTC
Post by Reginald Simpson
I'm sure Kerouac would find you extremely abhorrent, and would have
nothing to do with you.
I'd buy him a beer and a shot, maybe shoot a game of pool.

2007-05-01 16:16:14 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Reginald Simpson
I'm sure Kerouac would find you extremely abhorrent, and would have
nothing to do with you.
I'd buy him a beer and a shot, maybe shoot a game of pool.
you believe he would tolerate someone as dim as you for that long? my god, what
makes you think you he'd even want to talk to you?

lord, you ARE delusional, aren't you?

Denis Leary
Reginald Simpson
2007-05-01 16:24:48 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Reginald Simpson
I'm sure Kerouac would find you extremely abhorrent, and would have
nothing to do with you.
I'd buy him a beer and a shot, maybe shoot a game of pool.
Another typical response from someone that knows he's been "pegged".
Someone with no moxie, no chutzpah, and no gonads.

for you.
Will Dockery
2007-05-01 21:21:26 UTC
Post by Reginald Simpson
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Reginald Simpson
I'm sure Kerouac would find you extremely abhorrent, and would have
nothing to do with you.
I'd buy him a beer and a shot, maybe shoot a game of pool.
Someone with no moxie, no chutzpah, and no gonads.
When will you be showing at least one of the above, Reginald?

How do you imagine Kerouac taking to /you/, for example?

Reginald Simpson
2007-05-01 21:53:55 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
How do you imagine Kerouac taking to /you/, for example?
You just can't accept that I'm not going to talk about myself, can you?

I'm going to keep the focus of attention centered on you, Will Dockery.
I know it must be difficult for someone like you to grasp that concept,
but you should be enjoying this, as much as you like to talk about
yourself. Someone as Narcissistic as you have repeatedly revealed
yourself to be, someone that lives to glorify himself, and to get the
attention they missed out on earlier in life. Whether it be good or bad
attention doesn't matter, just as long as people are taking notice of
them. So, you should be getting pleasure from being in the bright
spotlight in the center of the stage, exposed for everyone to see, warts
and all.

Isn't this what you've been wanting for all these years?

(BTW, Right now, I think Jack would tell me to keep doing what I'm
doing. ;) )
On The Highways and Bi-Ways God Built
2007-05-02 01:22:01 UTC
In article <***@giganews.com>, Reginald Simpson
says...
Post by Reginald Simpson
Post by Will Dockery
[...]
since it's obvious dockery's never read Kerouac, i think you can make that last
statement with some authority.

Denis Leary
Dennis M. Hammes
2007-05-02 08:17:11 UTC
Post by Reginald Simpson
Post by Will Dockery
How do you imagine Kerouac taking to /you/, for example?
You just can't accept that I'm not going to talk about myself, can you?
I'm going to keep the focus of attention centered on you, Will Dockery.
I know it must be difficult for someone like you to grasp that concept,
but you should be enjoying this, as much as you like to talk about
yourself. Someone as Narcissistic as you have repeatedly revealed
yourself to be, someone that lives to glorify himself, and to get the
attention they missed out on earlier in life. Whether it be good or bad
attention doesn't matter, just as long as people are taking notice of
them. So, you should be getting pleasure from being in the bright
spotlight in the center of the stage, exposed for everyone to see, warts
and all.
There was an old cracker whose warts
Were not the more common, but sports
That often were green
Or quite long and obscene,
And other peculiar sorts.
Post by Reginald Simpson
Isn't this what you've been wanting for all these years?
I'd not have believed it, but Dockery is even jealous of Tommy, and
has lately been demanding His Fair Share of /limericks/.
Post by Reginald Simpson
(BTW, Right now, I think Jack would tell me to keep doing what I'm
doing. ;) )
Be of good cheer. Dockery is one of those Southerners who makes you
feel a whole lot better about your own relatives.
--
-------(m+
~/:o)_|
http://scrawlmark.org
Will Dockery
2007-05-02 15:42:00 UTC
Post by Reginald Simpson
Post by Will Dockery
How do you imagine Kerouac taking to /you/, for example?
You just can't accept that I'm not going to talk about myself, can you?
I'm going to keep the focus of attention centered on you, Will Dockery.
Okay, then here's a couple of links for "Will Dockery":

2007-05-02 16:10:51 UTC
In article <***@q75g2000hsh.googlegroups.com>, Will Dockery
says...
Post by Reginald Simpson
Post by Will Dockery
How do you imagine Kerouac taking to /you/, for example?
You just can't accept that I'm not going to talk about myself, can you?
I'm going to keep the focus of attention centered on you, Will Dockery.
how embarrassing for you.

Denis Leary
Barbara's Cat
2007-05-02 17:08:13 UTC
Post by On The Highways and Bi-Ways God Built
Post by Reginald Simpson
Post by Will Dockery
How do you imagine Kerouac taking to /you/, for example?
You just can't accept that I'm not going to talk about myself, can you?
I'm going to keep the focus of attention centered on you, Will Dockery.
http://tinyurl.com/a2n7q
http://tinyurl.com/e4y9t
how embarrassing for you.
most sincerely,
GodBuilt
Once again, masochist Duck provides the ammunition.
--
Cm~

"Me, my life is an open book, literally."
- Goober Duck, 24 Jan 2005
On The Highways and Bi-Ways God Built
2007-05-02 17:37:59 UTC
Post by Reginald Simpson
Post by Will Dockery
How do you imagine Kerouac taking to /you/, for example?
You just can't accept that I'm not going to talk about myself, can you?
I'm going to keep the focus of attention centered on you, Will Dockery.
http://tinyurl.com/a2n7q
http://tinyurl.com/e4y9t
how embarrassing for you.
most sincerely,
GodBuilt
Once again, masochist Duck provides the ammunition.
indeed. he invites it. it would impolite not to accept.

and people think we're mean, B'sC. how silly.

Denis Leary
Barbara's Cat
2007-05-02 18:07:15 UTC
Barbara's Cat says...
Post by Reginald Simpson
Post by Will Dockery
How do you imagine Kerouac taking to /you/, for example?
You just can't accept that I'm not going to talk about myself, can you?
I'm going to keep the focus of attention centered on you, Will Dockery.
http://tinyurl.com/a2n7q
http://tinyurl.com/e4y9t
how embarrassing for you.
most sincerely,
GodBuilt
Once again, masochist Duck provides the ammunition.
indeed. he invites it. it would impolite not to accept.
and people think we're mean, B'sC. how silly.
Heh. All people should be as unselfishly giving.
A drowning man needs a pair of Swimmies* and
a masochist goober duck needs sadistic abuse--
are we to be bastards denying them their needs?
Of course not. As always, we are here to help.

No Jacksonvillians allowed beyond this point!

*Swimmies
Cm~

"You're either confused, lying, or both."
-- Dockery's Standard Surrender Speech
Dennis M. Hammes
2007-05-03 07:26:39 UTC
Post by Barbara's Cat
Heh. All people should be as unselfishly giving.
A drowning man needs a pair of Swimmies* and
a masochist goober duck needs sadistic abuse--
are we to be bastards denying them their needs?
Of course not. As always, we are here to help.
No Jacksonvillians allowed beyond this point!
*Swimmies
http://www.swimoutlet.com/photos/2228-2T.jpg
Is this why chuckles' blaarrgghh claims that he has abandoned his
daily 50-k runs and "taken up swimming"?
Or was he still referring to the shallow end of the gene pool?
http://scrawlmark.org
Reginald Simpson
2007-05-02 17:57:35 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Reginald Simpson
Post by Will Dockery
How do you imagine Kerouac taking to /you/, for example?
You just can't accept that I'm not going to talk about myself, can you?
I'm going to keep the focus of attention centered on you, Will Dockery.
--
http://www.myspace.com/shadowvilleallstars
http://www.myspace.com/willdockery
After going to the Myspace website, and listening to a few of the
"pieces", I now understand why you don't have a publisher. You've merely
strung some words together, then changed a few to make them rhyme, and
then had someone else play some music while you stand around and utter
the words. Come on, I have a seven year old nephew that can do that.

Watch, I can put a few words together and make them rhyme:

With holding the mighty winds down,
There won't be any more rising tides,
Leaves fall and turn a deep dark brown
Then curl up and crinkle along the sides.

The moon peeks over the mountain tops,
Showing us how far it rays can pierce,
Under doors and through windows it pops
And smiles and warms itself near us.

Once when the river reflected the silver sun,
The slippery stream ran uphill before turning blue,
The Wily Sage warned, "Best deny where you're coming from,
else you might not get to where you're going to."

I could go on and on like that all day, but you get the idea. *Anybody*
can do what you do, Will Dockery. You're just so full of yourself, and
so blinded by your own ephemeral glory that you just can't see it.
Will Dockery
2007-05-02 18:18:10 UTC
Post by Reginald Simpson
Post by Reginald Simpson
Post by Will Dockery
[...]
Good start... and more than most in these newsgroups can manage.
Post by Reginald Simpson
I could go on and on like that all day, but you get the idea. *Anybody*
can do what you do, Will Dockery.
If they can, then I have no problem with them giving it a try.

Amadeus Jinn
2007-05-02 23:19:09 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Reginald Simpson
Post by Reginald Simpson
I could go on and on like that all day, but you get the idea. *Anybody*
can do what you do, Will Dockery.
If they can, then I have no problem with them giving it a try.
SEEEEEE!!!!!

:) Hi, Will.
AJ - http://ClitIns.Com e In.
(800 folders. -- kiddie-filtered -- FREE,
Usenet Porn.)
Will Dockery
2007-05-04 13:49:40 UTC
Post by Amadeus Jinn
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Reginald Simpson
I could go on and on like that all day, but you get the idea. *Anybody*
can do what you do, Will Dockery.
If they can, then I have no problem with them giving it a try.
SEEEEEE!!!!!
:) Hi, Will.
Our first weekly Beatnik Night went well last night, as I introduced a dozen
or so poets and musicians to the stage of Rhino's.

Many /can/ do what I do... if they have the guts.

Others just whine.

Usenet Porn.)
Reginald Simpson
2007-05-04 15:30:23 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Amadeus Jinn
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Reginald Simpson
I could go on and on like that all day, but you get the idea. *Anybody*
can do what you do, Will Dockery.
If they can, then I have no problem with them giving it a try.
SEEEEEE!!!!!
:) Hi, Will.
Our first weekly Beatnik Night went well last night, as I introduced a dozen
or so poets and musicians to the stage of Rhino's.
Many /can/ do what I do... if they have the guts.
Others just whine.
I still don't think you're getting the gist of what I'm saying.

Most people lead honorable lives, and would be ashamed to be seen in a
public place doing what you do, in the state of mind you're in when
you're doing it.

I don't think it's a matter of having guts to do what you do, as much as
having the self-respect and being abstemiousness enough *not* to do what
you do.
Will Dockery
2007-05-04 20:38:14 UTC
Post by Reginald Simpson
Post by Will Dockery
Our first weekly Beatnik Night went well last night, as I introduced a dozen
or so poets and musicians to the stage of Rhino's.
Many /can/ do what I do... if they have the guts.
Others just whine.
I still don't think you're getting the gist of what I'm saying.
I get the /gist/ of it, I just don't agree... and never will.
Post by Reginald Simpson
Most people lead honorable lives, and would be ashamed to be seen in a
public place doing what you do, in the state of mind you're in when
you're doing it.
To each their own, of course.

I create and perform art onstage... nobody else is forced to, or forced to
have anything to do with what I do.

Critique it all you want, which I might use to improve with if I agree, but
there's no chance I'll stop working at my performance art while I'm still
able to continue.

Seems reasonable for both sides... if not, well too bad.
Post by Reginald Simpson
I don't think it's a matter of having guts to do what you do, as much as
having the self-respect and being abstemiousness enough *not* to do what
you do.
Your opinion, and fair enough.

The fact remains that what I do not everyone is /capable/ of, love it or
hate it.

Stuart Leichter
2007-05-04 20:51:07 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
To each their own, of course.
I googled that, and got back "Do you mean 'To /eaches their own's/'?"
Will Dockery
2007-05-04 21:14:07 UTC
Post by Stuart Leichter
Post by Will Dockery
To each their own, of course.
I googled that, and got back "Do you mean 'To /eaches their own's/'?"
So you found Michael Cook?

How is he these days?

Rob
2007-05-05 00:12:26 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Stuart Leichter
Post by Will Dockery
To each their own, of course.
I googled that, and got back "Do you mean 'To /eaches their own's/'?"
So you found Michael Cook?
How is he these days?
No, Mr Non-sequitur, he means that the phrase is "to each his own". But
only in the literate non-Duckrish sense, of course.

Moron.

Rob
--
Rob Evans

Will Dockery
2007-05-05 08:39:46 UTC
Will Dockery writes
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Stuart Leichter
Post by Will Dockery
To each their own, of course.
I googled that, and got back "Do you mean 'To /eaches their own's/'?"
So you found Michael Cook?
How is he these days?
No
I didn't think so, Mush-Mouth.
he means that the phrase is "to each his own".
There's more than one here, Mush-Mouth.

Reginald Simpson
2007-05-04 21:11:25 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
The fact remains that what I do not everyone is /capable/ of, love it or
hate it.
That, I believe, is the main point of contention.

I'm not in any way trying to get you to stop performing, nor do I recall
ever suggesting that you should. What I am trying to do is get you to
see that it isn't a matter of others not being *able* to perform.
Rather, it's all a matter of them *choosing* not to, for reasons that I
spoke of in my previous post.

If they wanted to, they could go up on stage and perform just as easily
as you. Now their performance might not be as good as yours. Or it may
be better, but that's not the point. The point is, and the only factor
that is keeping them from performing is they *choose* not to.
Amadeus Jinn
2007-05-05 09:22:51 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
The fact remains that what I do not everyone is /capable/ of, love it or
hate it.
That, I believe, is the main point of contention.
I'm not in any way trying to get you to stop performing, nor do I recall ever suggesting that you should. What I am trying to do
is get you to see that it isn't a matter of others not being *able* to perform. Rather, it's all a matter of them *choosing* not
to, for reasons that I spoke of in my previous post.
Not for me. I'm a hermit.
Post by Reginald Simpson
If they wanted to, they could go up on stage and perform just as easily as you. Now their performance might not be as good as
yours. Or it may be better, but that's not the point. The point is, and the only factor that is keeping them from performing is
they *choose* not to.
Ya can't do everything.
Usenet Porn.)
Reginald Simpson
2007-05-05 11:37:54 UTC
Post by Amadeus Jinn
Post by Will Dockery
The fact remains that what I do not everyone is /capable/ of, love it or
hate it.
That, I believe, is the main point of contention.
I'm not in any way trying to get you to stop performing, nor do I recall ever suggesting that you should. What I am trying to do
is get you to see that it isn't a matter of others not being *able* to perform. Rather, it's all a matter of them *choosing* not
to, for reasons that I spoke of in my previous post.
Not for me. I'm a hermit.
A hermit with an Internet account? I don't think so.
Post by Amadeus Jinn
Post by Reginald Simpson
If they wanted to, they could go up on stage and perform just as easily as you. Now their performance might not be as good as
yours. Or it may be better, but that's not the point. The point is, and the only factor that is keeping them from performing is
they *choose* not to.
Ya can't do everything.
Sure you could. If you want to do it bad enough, there's *nothing* you
can't do.

However, in your case, the only thing that's keeping you back is your
strong belief that you *can't* do it. I mean, being a "hermit" and all,
with no scruples, there wouldn't be a question of ethics involved.

Whereas with the majority of people that are motivated by moral
principles, those principles would cause them to choose not to do
certain things.

It's very basic stuff. Human Nature 101.

Amadeus Jinn
2007-05-05 09:20:44 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Reginald Simpson
Most people lead honorable lives, and would be ashamed to be seen in a
public place doing what you do, in the state of mind you're in when
you're doing it.
To each their own, of course.
I create and perform art onstage... nobody else is forced to, or forced to
have anything to do with what I do.
Critique it all you want, which I might use to improve with if I agree, but
there's no chance I'll stop working at my performance art while I'm still
able to continue.
That isn't the biggest problem.
Post by Reginald Simpson
I don't think it's a matter of having guts to do what you do, as much as
having the self-respect and being abstemiousness enough *not* to do what
you do.
Your opinion, and fair enough.
The fact remains that what I do not everyone is /capable/ of, love it or
hate it.
There is always karaoke, and now, livevideo.com.
Reginald Simpson

having the self-respect and being abstemious enough *not* to do what you do.
Amadeus Jinn
2007-05-02 23:18:07 UTC
I could go on and on like that all day, but you get the idea. *Anybody* can do what you do, Will Dockery. You're just so full of
yourself, and so blinded by your own ephemeral glory that you just can't see it.
Don't you love Will?
Usenet Porn.)
Reginald Simpson
2007-05-03 00:27:38 UTC
Post by Amadeus Jinn
I could go on and on like that all day, but you get the idea. *Anybody* can do what you do, Will Dockery. You're just so full of
yourself, and so blinded by your own ephemeral glory that you just can't see it.
Don't you love Will?
Sure. Like a brother. ;)

If I didn't, I wouldn't waste one minute on him.
Will Dockery
2007-05-03 18:43:25 UTC
Post by Reginald Simpson
Post by Reginald Simpson
Post by Amadeus Jinn
Post by Reginald Simpson
yourself, and so blinded by your own ephemeral glory that you just can't see it.
Don't you love Will?
Sure. Like a brother. ;)
If I didn't, I wouldn't waste one minute on him.
If you're ever in the area, I'll give you a few minutes of stage time if you
can handle it:

* Shadowville All-Stars present: Beatnik Night at Rhino's! *

Every Thursday starting in May, 9pm-midnight and beyond, Ty & Friends. Ty is
a musical master of guitar and vocals encompasing a sound that at turns
evokes for me everything from BB King to Hendrix to Prince to a whole other
level that only he knows... magic brillance right here in our little town.
The plan for Beatnik Night as it develops is a place for poets, artists,
musicians, madmen open mic & poetry slam! Sign up at 9, bring your own
bongos) 21+. May 3rd we'll be having a trial run as we spread the word on
this weekly event, come by and get a feel for the stage and the friendly
staff of Rhino's, bring your poetry, songs and art.

Rhino's http://www.myspace.com/rhinoslive 1239 Broadway, Columbus GA

Reginald Simpson
2007-05-04 00:51:27 UTC
I doubt I'll ever be in your neck of the woods, Will. And if I am, I'll
just be passing through, on my way to visit relatives in Florida. I'm
not too big on small towns anyway, with all the in-breeding going on,
and the all those genetic disorders that result from it. You understand,
don't you, Will?

But, I appreciate the offer. Thanks anyway.
Stuart Leichter
2007-05-04 02:13:38 UTC
Post by Reginald Simpson
I doubt I'll ever be in your neck of the woods, Will. And if I am, I'll
just be passing through, on my way to visit relatives in Florida. I'm
not too big on small towns anyway, with all the in-breeding going on,
and the all those genetic disorders that result from it. You understand,
don't you, Will?
You can tell a genetic disorder from a personality disorder? Do you play
bongos also?
Post by Reginald Simpson
But, I appreciate the offer. Thanks anyway.
That's a double-thanks in US Southern English, btw.

Hey, Reginald, did you check out the "T&A" thread? It's like maybe
Best-In-Class or Best-In-Show even! Almost Sumo poetriquing. Okay, I'm
piggybacking y'all, maybe Will'll see this and get Tommy to steal the "T&A"
thread and give it to Will, and Will can get the Shadowville All-Stars to
score music for it, renaming it something like 'Bleu Cheez Whiz and Doctored
Hammes'. If not, it could be a pizza, but it can't go on the flyers, owing
to Kraft.
Reginald Simpson
2007-05-04 03:06:42 UTC
Post by Stuart Leichter
Post by Reginald Simpson
I doubt I'll ever be in your neck of the woods, Will. And if I am, I'll
just be passing through, on my way to visit relatives in Florida. I'm
not too big on small towns anyway, with all the in-breeding going on,
and the all those genetic disorders that result from it. You understand,
don't you, Will?
You can tell a genetic disorder from a personality disorder? Do you play
bongos also?
I never mentioned anything about a "personality disorder". What makes
you think I was talking about....wait....are you from a small town too,
Stuart?

And I would ask what personality disorders have to do with playing the
bongos, but I don't really want to know, because it doesn't really
matter. That would just be a waste of time. And I hate wasting time.
Don't you, Stuart?
Stuart Leichter
2007-05-04 04:10:34 UTC
Post by Reginald Simpson
Post by Stuart Leichter
Post by Reginald Simpson
I doubt I'll ever be in your neck of the woods, Will. And if I am, I'll
just be passing through, on my way to visit relatives in Florida. I'm
not too big on small towns anyway, with all the in-breeding going on,
and the all those genetic disorders that result from it. You understand,
don't you, Will?
You can tell a genetic disorder from a personality disorder? Do you play
bongos also?
I never mentioned anything about a "personality disorder". What makes
you think I was talking about....wait....are you from a small town too,
Stuart?
Yes. No. I don't know. New York City, a very tall city. Later the family
moved to Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, a small town by comparison, which has
shrunk by about half since I got there. Now I live in a town twice as big as
Pgh. that used to be half its size. The last time I visited NYC, a patron
complained to a waiter, the waiter barked to her, "Ahh, grow up!" She barked
back, "No, you grow up!" He: "No, you grow up!" She: "No, you grow up!" I
lived in teensy-weensy college towns in Ohio where the inbreeding is taken
for granted, even required for tenure. Guess what? One of my professors
(Middle English Romances) was shot at by Charles Whitman.
Post by Reginald Simpson
And I would ask what personality disorders have to do with playing the
bongos, but I don't really want to know, because it doesn't really
matter. That would just be a waste of time. And I hate wasting time.
Don't you, Stuart?
It's not a concept (or behavior?) I can converse about, I can't say I've
felt that I've wasted time (at the time), even if I had, say, to your
lights. I get impatient, like in traffic or on the phone sometimes, but
that's quite a different thing. Hmm. I hate flying, so I don't fly; I think
it's a waste of time. Maybe this would have worked out better in the recent
thread where The Pajama Game's score was touched on (there must be half a
dozen songs in it about wasting or saving time).

Cheers!

or

Carry on!

(Viva Weber! And Veblen too!)
OB
2007-05-04 04:45:11 UTC
Post by Stuart Leichter
Post by Reginald Simpson
Post by Stuart Leichter
Post by Reginald Simpson
I doubt I'll ever be in your neck of the woods, Will. And if I am, I'll
just be passing through, on my way to visit relatives in Florida. I'm
not too big on small towns anyway, with all the in-breeding going on,
and the all those genetic disorders that result from it. You understand,
don't you, Will?
You are inhabiting a very large thread, yet the larger the thread, the
more inbreeding seems to go on there. That's why I stay away from very
large threads, mostly.
Post by Stuart Leichter
Post by Reginald Simpson
Post by Stuart Leichter
You can tell a genetic disorder from a personality disorder? Do you play
bongos also?
I never mentioned anything about a "personality disorder". What makes
you think I was talking about....wait....are you from a small town too,
Stuart?
Yes. No. I don't know. New York City, a very tall city. Later the family
moved to Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, a small town by comparison, which has
shrunk by about half since I got there. Now I live in a town twice as big as
Pgh. that used to be half its size. The last time I visited NYC, a patron
complained to a waiter, the waiter barked to her, "Ahh, grow up!" She barked
back, "No, you grow up!" He: "No, you grow up!" She: "No, you grow up!"
I like those conversations. There was one I heard in a bar in Spain
back in '86 or thereabouts. Two old men, one (somewhat surreally)
sporting a wooden leg and fiercely clutching a bicycle:

OLD MAN 1: Franco is better than the King.
OLD MAN 2: No, the King is better than Franco.
OM1: No, Franco is better than the King.
OM2: No, the King is better than Franco.
OM1: No, Franco is better than the King.
OM2: But Franco's dead.
(silence)
Post by Reginald Simpson
And I would ask what personality disorders have to do with playing the
bongos,
I think it's called "Objective Correlative".
Post by Stuart Leichter
Post by Reginald Simpson
but I don't really want to know, because it doesn't really
matter. That would just be a waste of time. And I hate wasting time.
Don't you, Stuart?
It's not a concept (or behavior?) I can converse about, I can't say I've
felt that I've wasted time (at the time), even if I had, say, to your
lights. I get impatient, like in traffic or on the phone sometimes, but
that's quite a different thing. Hmm. I hate flying, so I don't fly; I think
it's a waste of time. Maybe this would have worked out better in the recent
thread where The Pajama Game's score was touched on (there must be half a
dozen songs in it about wasting or saving time).
Was your childhood spent or unspent? (I haven't really decided about
mine. I don't think I was ever really myself on a farm.
Post by Stuart Leichter
Cheers!
or
Carry on!
(Viva Weber! And Veblen too!)- Hide quoted text -
Stuart Leichter
2007-05-04 05:48:34 UTC
Post by OB
Post by Stuart Leichter
Post by Reginald Simpson
Post by Stuart Leichter
Post by Reginald Simpson
I doubt I'll ever be in your neck of the woods, Will. And if I am, I'll
just be passing through, on my way to visit relatives in Florida. I'm
not too big on small towns anyway, with all the in-breeding going on,
and the all those genetic disorders that result from it. You understand,
don't you, Will?
You are inhabiting a very large thread, yet the larger the thread, the
more inbreeding seems to go on there. That's why I stay away from very
large threads, mostly.
Ere the cocks crow, Hammes will spin a yarn reply, being a knitwit.
Post by OB
Post by Stuart Leichter
Post by Reginald Simpson
Post by Stuart Leichter
[...]
I think I read or heard this on TV very recently. Googling showed
you-know-what (slightly different, of course, each time).
Post by Reginald Simpson
And I would ask what personality disorders have to do with playing the
bongos,
I think it's called "Objective Correlative".
Yeah, the cousin Woody Allen's family hid in the attic.
Post by OB
Post by Stuart Leichter
Post by Reginald Simpson
but I don't really want to know, because it doesn't really
matter. That would just be a waste of time. And I hate wasting time.
Don't you, Stuart?
It's not a concept (or behavior?) I can converse about, I can't say I've
felt that I've wasted time (at the time), even if I had, say, to your
lights. I get impatient, like in traffic or on the phone sometimes, but
that's quite a different thing. Hmm. I hate flying, so I don't fly; I think
it's a waste of time. Maybe this would have worked out better in the recent
thread where The Pajama Game's score was touched on (there must be half a
dozen songs in it about wasting or saving time).
Was your childhood spent or unspent? (I haven't really decided about
mine. I don't think I was ever really myself on a farm.
Since I was 12 I've worked (not babysitting jobs except to supplement)/gone
to school.

Annie Dillard (paraphrased close to verbatim): Reading all day, every day,
is dull; but a lifetime of reading is a treasure.

My all-time favorite Mark Twain sentence (and among the Top Ten English
Sentences): "It was a wonderful place for a boy, that farm of my Uncle
John's" (fr. Memories of a Missouri Farm).

Um, olden US bucolic culture included 'Major League' (actually
'professional') baseball 'clubs' that played in 'parks' or 'fields' situated
in east-of-the-Mississippi industrial cities linked by the railroads, and
the clubs' 'minor league' teams were called 'farm clubs'.
Dennis M. Hammes
2007-05-04 07:12:03 UTC
Post by Stuart Leichter
Ere the cocks crow, Hammes will spin a yarn reply, being a knitwit.
Awww, somebody /told/ you.
http://scrawlmark.org
Dennis M. Hammes
2007-05-04 07:10:55 UTC
Post by OB
You are inhabiting a very large thread, yet the larger the thread, the
more inbreeding seems to go on there. That's why I stay away from very
large threads, mostly.
Excellent plan in the usual case.
Large threads make for lumpy socks, though many people would agree
that it's the inbreeding.
http://scrawlmark.org
Dennis M. Hammes
2007-05-04 07:09:02 UTC
Post by Stuart Leichter
(Viva Weber! And Veblen too!)
Gresham's Law is not worth a Continental.
http://scrawlmark.org
Dennis M. Hammes
2007-05-04 07:06:52 UTC
Post by Reginald Simpson
Post by Stuart Leichter
Post by Reginald Simpson
I doubt I'll ever be in your neck of the woods, Will. And if I am, I'll
just be passing through, on my way to visit relatives in Florida. I'm
not too big on small towns anyway, with all the in-breeding going on,
and the all those genetic disorders that result from it. You understand,
don't you, Will?
You can tell a genetic disorder from a personality disorder? Do you play
bongos also?
I never mentioned anything about a "personality disorder". What makes
you think I was talking about....wait....are you from a small town too,
Stuart?
Many people would agree that people who play bongos have personality
disorders.
Far more people would agree that people with genetic disorders
play banjos, unless they've learned to stagger around stages with
them there Plug-In guitars.
Post by Reginald Simpson
And I would ask what personality disorders have to do with playing the
bongos, but I don't really want to know, because it doesn't really
matter. That would just be a waste of time. And I hate wasting time.
Don't you, Stuart?
I thought about wasting time, once, but it was for a long time.
Back when I thought about it, wasting time took a lot of time.
Then I discovered UseNet, on which one can waste time without
thinking /at all/.
And at /electronic/ speeds.
Then I wired my computer to draw power through my clock.
NOW I CAN GET CREDIT FOR WASTING MORE TIME THAN I ACTUALLY MANAGE
TO WASTE ALL BY MYSELF.
Boy, those capital letters really make the old hands spin.
http://scrawlmark.org
Renay
2007-05-03 00:10:05 UTC
Post by Reginald Simpson
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Reginald Simpson
Post by Will Dockery
[...]
the difference is
everyone else can do it sober.

Renay
Reginald Simpson
2007-05-03 00:24:18 UTC
Post by Renay
the difference is
everyone else can do it sober.
You're right. That's it. That's the part I was missing.

Thanks for clearing that up.
Dennis M. Hammes
2007-05-03 07:33:35 UTC
Post by Reginald Simpson
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Reginald Simpson
Post by Will Dockery
[...]
No, he doesn't. You maintained a semblance of meter (which a song
could be coddled to fit) and used actual rhymes.
Even worse, I caught you unconsciously using two actual metaphors
and a symbol.

Besides, "/noir/ is distinguished by low-key lighting," so Dockery
would have written this in G-flat.
http://scrawlmark.org
Dennis M. Hammes
2007-05-02 08:08:06 UTC
Post by Reginald Simpson
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Reginald Simpson
I'm sure Kerouac would find you extremely abhorrent, and would have
nothing to do with you.
I'd buy him a beer and a shot, maybe shoot a game of pool.
Another typical response from someone that knows he's been "pegged".
Someone with no moxie, no chutzpah, and no gonads.
And, if you were as good a writer or poet as you seem to think you are,
you would have a publicist and an editor doing all this self-promotion
for you.
There was an old cracker whose gonads
Were somehow much smaller than monads,
So now he's online
To improve their design
By researching his e-mail for bone-ads.
http://scrawlmark.org
On The Highways and Bi-Ways God Built
2007-05-01 14:58:40 UTC
In article <***@y5g2000hsa.googlegroups.com>, Will Dockery
says...
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Will Dockery
<snip>
Post by Will Dockery
<typo fixed>
<snip>
I believe you had it right the first time. And it was a Freudian slip,
not a typo.
You, Will Dockery, belong to The Spoiled Brat Generation.
Most Americans of my age and younger are... the 1970s, 80s and 90s
were a wild and comfortable ride, indeed!
you cut out the part where he said if you had any talent (hahahahahahaha) you'd
have an editor and publisher to correct your many mistakes.

clearly this person knows who you are, doesn't he?

heh...

why don't you have an editor and publisher, dockery?

Denis Leary
Dennis M. Hammes
2007-05-02 08:20:05 UTC
Post by On The Highways and Bi-Ways God Built
says...
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Will Dockery
<snip>
Post by Will Dockery
<typo fixed>
<snip>
I believe you had it right the first time. And it was a Freudian slip,
not a typo.
You, Will Dockery, belong to The Spoiled Brat Generation.
Most Americans of my age and younger are... the 1970s, 80s and 90s
were a wild and comfortable ride, indeed!
you cut out the part where he said if you had any talent (hahahahahahaha) you'd
have an editor and publisher to correct your many mistakes.
clearly this person knows who you are, doesn't he?
heh...
why don't you have an editor and publisher, dockery?
Apparently ,? because he can't pay them to find no fault with his poetry.
Never Ever.
http://scrawlmark.org
On The Highways and Bi-Ways God Built
2007-05-02 15:11:46 UTC
In article <***@onvoy.com>, Dennis M. Hammes
says...
Post by Dennis M. Hammes
Post by On The Highways and Bi-Ways God Built
says...
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Will Dockery
<snip>
Post by Will Dockery
<typo fixed>
<snip>
I believe you had it right the first time. And it was a Freudian slip,
not a typo.
You, Will Dockery, belong to The Spoiled Brat Generation.
Most Americans of my age and younger are... the 1970s, 80s and 90s
were a wild and comfortable ride, indeed!
you cut out the part where he said if you had any talent (hahahahahahaha) you'd
have an editor and publisher to correct your many mistakes.
clearly this person knows who you are, doesn't he?
heh...
why don't you have an editor and publisher, dockery?
Apparently ,? because he can't pay them to find no fault with his poetry.
Never Ever.
Bill Gates doesn't have that kind of money!!!

Denis Leary
Dennis M. Hammes
2007-05-03 07:37:55 UTC
Post by Dennis M. Hammes
Post by On The Highways and Bi-Ways God Built
says...
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Will Dockery
<snip>
Post by Will Dockery
<typo fixed>
<snip>
I believe you had it right the first time. And it was a Freudian slip,
not a typo.
You, Will Dockery, belong to The Spoiled Brat Generation.
Most Americans of my age and younger are... the 1970s, 80s and 90s
were a wild and comfortable ride, indeed!
you cut out the part where he said if you had any talent (hahahahahahaha) you'd
have an editor and publisher to correct your many mistakes.
clearly this person knows who you are, doesn't he?
heh...
why don't you have an editor and publisher, dockery?
Apparently ,? because he can't pay them to find no fault with his poetry.
Never Ever.
Bill Gates doesn't have that kind of money!!!
So you're saying that Vera is a better poet than Bill Gates?

("Can God make a person so stupid even He can't teach him anything?")
http://scrawlmark.org
Stuart Leichter
2007-05-01 15:11:41 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
<snip>
Post by Will Dockery
<typo fixed>
<snip>
I believe you had it right the first time. And it was a Freudian slip,
not a typo.
You, Will Dockery, belong to The Spoiled Brat Generation.
All this self-promotion proves it. If you were as good a writer or poet
as you seem to think you are, you would have a publicist and an editor
doing all that for you.
That's not always the case or true. When I performed (one of my last
performances, as it happened) to a packed house of the cream of the cream
plus die-hard poetry lovers, Burroughs' former secretary (from his 1970s
Colorado years), and one of our regulars, wanted to take me to NYC and
promote me there; but I wasn't in it for the money, fame, or notoriety, and
refused his kind and generous offer. Plus I was a Native New Yorker, and he
wasn't.
Will Dockery
2007-05-01 15:20:33 UTC
Post by Stuart Leichter
Post by Reginald Simpson
If you were as good a writer or poet
as you seem to think you are, you would have a publicist and an editor
doing all that for you.
That's not always the case or true. When I performed (one of my last
performances, as it happened) to a packed house of the cream of the cream
plus die-hard poetry lovers, Burroughs' former secretary (from his 1970s
Colorado years), and one of our regulars, wanted to take me to NYC and
promote me there; but I wasn't in it for the money, fame, or notoriety, and
refused his kind and generous offer. Plus I was a Native New Yorker, and he
wasn't.
And no surprise, since you're the Second Best Poet of Usenet, after all.

Reginald Simpson
2007-05-01 15:33:48 UTC
Post by Stuart Leichter
Post by Will Dockery
<snip>
Post by Will Dockery
[...]
So, you say it was one of your *last* performances?

Okay. Thank-you for that confirmation.
Stuart Leichter
2007-05-01 15:52:24 UTC
Post by Reginald Simpson
Post by Stuart Leichter
Post by Will Dockery
<snip>
Post by Will Dockery
[...]
Well, there were encores, and I was paid, but who can say how long anyone
will last?
You are welcome to-day, and good-bye, and good luck to-morrow!
Will Dockery
2007-05-01 17:57:28 UTC
Post by Stuart Leichter
Post by Reginald Simpson
Post by Stuart Leichter
When I performed (one of my last
performances, as it happened) to a packed house of the cream of the cream
plus die-hard poetry lovers, Burroughs' former secretary (from his 1970s
Colorado years), and one of our regulars, wanted to take me to NYC and
promote me there; but I wasn't in it for the money, fame, or notoriety, and
refused his kind and generous offer. Plus I was a Native New Yorker, and he
wasn't.
So, you say it was one of your *last* performances?
Well, there were encores, and I was paid, but who can say how long anyone
will last?
Video can keep it going for long after /the moment/...

2007-05-01 19:06:26 UTC
Post by Stuart Leichter
Post by Stuart Leichter
Post by Stuart Leichter
Post by Stuart Leichter
Post by Stuart Leichter
Post by Stuart Leichter
Post by Reginald Simpson
Post by Stuart Leichter
wasn't.
So, you say it was one of your *last* performances?
Well, there were encores, and I was paid, but who can say how long anyone
will last?
Video can keep it going for long after /the moment/...
you would know, evidence of your lack of human dignity and self respect is
eternal.

heh...

Denis Leary
Dennis M. Hammes
2007-05-02 08:22:56 UTC
Post by Stuart Leichter
Post by Stuart Leichter
Post by Stuart Leichter
Post by Stuart Leichter
Post by Stuart Leichter
Post by Stuart Leichter
Post by Reginald Simpson
Post by Stuart Leichter
wasn't.
So, you say it was one of your *last* performances?
Well, there were encores, and I was paid, but who can say how long anyone
will last?
Video can keep it going for long after /the moment/...
you would know, evidence of your lack of human dignity and self respect is
eternal.
You mean, "It's In The Archives."
http://scrawlmark.org
On The Highways and Bi-Ways God Built
2007-05-02 15:13:06 UTC
Post by Stuart Leichter
Post by Stuart Leichter
Post by Stuart Leichter
Post by Stuart Leichter
Post by Stuart Leichter
Post by Stuart Leichter
Post by Reginald Simpson
Post by Stuart Leichter
wasn't.
So, you say it was one of your *last* performances?
Well, there were encores, and I was paid, but who can say how long anyone
will last?
Video can keep it going for long after /the moment/...
you would know, evidence of your lack of human dignity and self respect is
eternal.
You mean, "It's In The Archives."
according to his crackery, he's real because he's archived. so, his sadness is
real.

i can only go by what he posts.

Denis Leary
Dennis M. Hammes
2007-05-03 07:39:53 UTC
Post by On The Highways and Bi-Ways God Built
according to his crackery, he's real because he's archived. so, his sadness is
real.
i can only go by what he posts.
Well, the truth of that is in his poems, and his poems are in the
Archives.
God, what a horrid thought.
http://scrawlmark.org
Will Dockery

2007-05-02 17:04:09 UTC
Post by Stuart Leichter
Post by Dennis M. Hammes
Will Dockery says...
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Stuart Leichter
Post by Dennis M. Hammes
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Stuart Leichter
Post by Dennis M. Hammes
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Stuart Leichter
Post by Dennis M. Hammes
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Stuart Leichter
Post by Dennis M. Hammes
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Stuart Leichter
Post by Dennis M. Hammes
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Dennis M. Hammes
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Stuart Leichter
will last?
Video can keep it going for long after /the moment/...
You mean, "It's In The Archives."
Mine are, yeah.
yes, what a joke you are is very well documented and archived.

very well.

hilariously so.

Denis Leary
Stuart Leichter
2007-05-01 19:57:21 UTC
Post by Stuart Leichter
Post by Stuart Leichter
Post by Stuart Leichter
Post by Stuart Leichter
Post by Stuart Leichter
Post by Stuart Leichter
Post by Reginald Simpson
Post by Stuart Leichter
wasn't.
So, you say it was one of your *last* performances?
Well, there were encores, and I was paid, but who can say how long anyone
will last?
Video can keep it going for long after /the moment/...
You nailed it, dude! Last week I made a hidef video of a cloud formation in
the back yard. I made one 20 years ago, but the tape stretched, and you
can't tell what the sky really looks like anymore. Anyway, that question of
mine was an allusion to Blade Runner. And the crazy guy video'd everything!
I hear he has a TV show now in Pittsburgh.
2007-05-01 20:29:43 UTC
Post by Stuart Leichter
Post by Stuart Leichter
Post by Stuart Leichter
Post by Stuart Leichter
Post by Stuart Leichter
Post by Stuart Leichter
Post by Stuart Leichter
Post by Reginald Simpson
Post by Stuart Leichter
wasn't.
So, you say it was one of your *last* performances?
Well, there were encores, and I was paid, but who can say how long anyone
will last?
Video can keep it going for long after /the moment/...
You nailed it, dude! Last week I made a hidef video of a cloud formation in
the back yard. I made one 20 years ago, but the tape stretched, and you
can't tell what the sky really looks like anymore.
you don't feel the expression "i need to get out more" doesn't apply here?

just curious.

Denis Leary
Stuart Leichter
2007-05-01 21:41:31 UTC
Post by Stuart Leichter
Post by Stuart Leichter
Post by Stuart Leichter
Post by Stuart Leichter
Post by Stuart Leichter
Post by Stuart Leichter
Post by Stuart Leichter
Post by Reginald Simpson
Post by Stuart Leichter
wasn't.
So, you say it was one of your *last* performances?
Well, there were encores, and I was paid, but who can say how long anyone
will last?
Video can keep it going for long after /the moment/...
You nailed it, dude! Last week I made a hidef video of a cloud formation in
the back yard. I made one 20 years ago, but the tape stretched, and you
can't tell what the sky really looks like anymore.
you don't feel the expression "i need to get out more" doesn't apply here?
No I don't. el gato's EyeTV lets me burn DVDs of those cloud formation
videos. But I will go out to audition HDTV (not too soon, though). Nothing
big, 32" is fine. LCD or plasma? What do you think? What do you have?
GodBuilt
On The Highways and Bi-Ways God Built
2007-05-02 01:20:10 UTC
Post by Stuart Leichter
Post by Stuart Leichter
Post by Stuart Leichter
Post by Stuart Leichter
Post by Stuart Leichter
Post by Stuart Leichter
Post by Stuart Leichter
Post by Reginald Simpson
Post by Stuart Leichter
wasn't.
So, you say it was one of your *last* performances?
Well, there were encores, and I was paid, but who can say how long anyone
will last?
Video can keep it going for long after /the moment/...
You nailed it, dude! Last week I made a hidef video of a cloud formation in
the back yard. I made one 20 years ago, but the tape stretched, and you
can't tell what the sky really looks like anymore.
you don't feel the expression "i need to get out more" doesn't apply here?
No I don't. el gato's EyeTV lets me burn DVDs of those cloud formation
videos.
cool. i burn bootleg episodes of the Sopranos.
Post by Stuart Leichter
But I will go out to audition HDTV (not too soon, though). Nothing
big, 32" is fine. LCD or plasma? What do you think? What do you have?
i have a 45 inch thing in the bedroom. the livingroom is still 26, but i'm
closer to the one in the living room than i am to the one in the bedroom, so its
not big deal.

but the clouds thing reminds of the endless student films i saw in college.
endless cloud formations....occasionally you'd have someone reading Mao's Little
Red Book as voice over. interesting for about a minute and a half.

so of course i had to make a satire of the cloud movies.

and i made a 10 minute cloud movie with a really sexy voice chick reading from
Penthouse Forum.

strangely enough my fellow students didn't appreciate my humor.

i responded with: "tell me a hearing a sexy voiced chick reading erotic letters
wasn't more interesting than the standard cloud movie we always see?"

my genius wasn't appreciated until later.

as it always is.

Denis Leary
Barbara's Cat
2007-05-02 13:32:38 UTC
Post by Stuart Leichter
No I don't. el gato's EyeTV lets me burn DVDs of those cloud formation
videos. But I will go out to audition HDTV (not too soon, though). Nothing
big, 32" is fine. LCD or plasma? What do you think? What do you have?
Whenever someone asks me "Which one is better? LCD or plasma?",
I print for them a copy of the article linked below (I have it
saved on my hard drive) and tell them "Buying a television is
a personal thing, a personal choice, but here is something that
might help you make that choice."

http://www.pcworld.com/printable/article/id,125816/printable.html
Cm~
Dennis M. Hammes
http://scrawlmark.org
On The Highways and Bi-Ways God Built
2007-05-03 15:04:45 UTC
Post by Dennis M. Hammes
Post by On The Highways and Bi-Ways God Built
says...
Post by Reginald Simpson
Post by Dennis M. Hammes
There was an old bimbo whose balls
Were sorely infested with galls,
But before the old sot
Could succumb to the rot,
He was et by a critter what crawls.
Bravo Dennis,
If you haven't already done so, you should find a publisher and put that
obviously good talent to work.
I enjoyed reading your spontaneous poetry.
NO, Reg, Dennis is merely all form and NO content!!! sure, he can write. spell.
punctuate. add. subtract. divide. knows the actual meaning of words like
"rhetoric," knows what to do with soap and toothpaste, etc.
but does that mean he can write poetry that has content?
AND... can he stagger, stumble and mumble as well dockery? can anyone?
these are important questions!!!
most sincerely,
GodBuilt
I /told/ you, GodDammit, the bursitis takes care of the stumbling,
and I'm /working/ on the staggering.
(For the mumbling, I just leave the marbles in.)
i'm sorry, Dennis, and i want to say this as gently as i can, i just don't know
if you're ever going to be able to embarrass yourself as well as dockery.

i don't know if any human can.

in an earlier post you mentioned something about Perkos being a good example of
embarrassment, perhaps even an rival with dockery in personal embarrassments....
but he's like 19 going on 12... with him there is some room for an excuse.

but dockery's almost 50???? there's no room for an excuse.

but hey, you're a nice guy, you can count and read and write and you use soap
and water...(insert endless list of other stuff)... you'll just never be as
embarrassing as dockery. ever.

no one can be. alas.

Denis Leary
Dennis M. Hammes
2007-05-04 07:21:33 UTC
Post by On The Highways and Bi-Ways God Built
in an earlier post you mentioned something about Perkos being a good example of
embarrassment, perhaps even an rival with dockery in personal embarrassments....
but he's like 19 going on 12... with him there is some room for an excuse.
but dockery's almost 50???? there's no room for an excuse.
No? Then what's that URL 'SCat's always poasting showing a room with
elbow room (even) for a piss-poor excuse?
You'd think, with all the modern technology and antibiotics we've
got these days, that there'd be room for a /good/ excuse by now.
But apparently ,?, according to the TV in the PIC-ture, it's only
a room with The View.

Speaking of room for an excuse, I put in a rear window once, but
Grace Kelly never jumped /my/ bones for it.
Maybe because I wasn't in the cast.
http://scrawlmark.org
Will Dockery
2007-05-01 21:36:54 UTC
Post by Stuart Leichter
Post by Stuart Leichter
Post by Stuart Leichter
Post by Stuart Leichter
Post by Stuart Leichter
Post by Reginald Simpson
So, you say it was one of your *last* performances?
Well, there were encores, and I was paid, but who can say how long anyone
will last?
Video can keep it going for long after /the moment/...
You nailed it, dude! Last week I made a hidef video of a cloud formation in
the back yard. I made one 20 years ago, but the tape stretched, and you
can't tell what the sky really looks like anymore. Anyway, that question of
mine was an allusion to Blade Runner. And the crazy guy video'd everything!
I hear he has a TV show now in Pittsburgh.
So, you think he still has the tapes, even though the original copies are
probably crumbling by now?

Will Dockery
2007-05-01 17:00:49 UTC
Post by Reginald Simpson
Post by Stuart Leichter
When I performed (one of my last
performances, as it happened) to a packed house of the cream of the cream
plus die-hard poetry lovers, Burroughs' former secretary (from his 1970s
Colorado years), and one of our regulars, wanted to take me to NYC and
promote me there; but I wasn't in it for the money, fame, or notoriety, and
refused his kind and generous offer. Plus I was a Native New Yorker, and he
wasn't.
So, you say it was one of your *last* performances?
So when was your *last performance*, Reggie?

I don't recall you as being known anywhere, not even on Usenet... at least
Stuart's still the Second Best Poet of Usenet.

2007-05-01 17:32:51 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Reginald Simpson
Post by Stuart Leichter
wasn't.
So, you say it was one of your *last* performances?
So when was your *last performance*, Reggie?
heh, dockery, why do you think you're good just because you have no shred of
human dignity left? having no shred of human dignity makes someone a good poet?
how does that work?
Post by Will Dockery
I don't recall you as being known anywhere, not even on Usenet... at least
Stuart's still the Second Best Poet of Usenet.
really? based on what? how do you measure Stuart as being the second best poet
on usenet? by what criteria do you make this claim?

you knowledge of poetry (and everything else) is laughable, so how do you make
this claim?

also, just because you have not heard of someone make them unknown? how much
more sub-intelligent can you get?

most sinerely,

Denis Leary
Reginald Simpson
2007-05-01 17:49:41 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
I don't recall you as being known anywhere, not even on Usenet... at least
Stuart's still the Second Best Poet of Usenet.
You try so hard to change the subject, when you know I've got your
number, don't you? It's just another typical response from someone with
no cojones.

I must admit though, it is entertaining watching you squirm, when I've
got you backed into a corner. You must be thinking, "Man, who is this
guy? He's sure got me all figured out. I can't fool him. I've got to
change the subject, and get him talking about something else."

Now, entertain me some more, boy.
Renay
2007-05-01 19:07:57 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
I don't recall you as being known anywhere, not even on Usenet... at least
Stuart's still the Second Best Poet of Usenet.
You try so hard to change the subject, when you know I've got your number,
don't you? It's just another typical response from someone with no
cojones.
I must admit though, it is entertaining watching you squirm, when I've got
you backed into a corner. You must be thinking, "Man, who is this guy?
He's sure got me all figured out. I can't fool him. I've got to change the
subject, and get him talking about something else."
Now, entertain me some more, boy.
Reginald Simpson, meet the Resident Parasite.
(you seem to have already figured that out)

Renay
Will Dockery
2007-05-01 22:29:00 UTC
Post by Renay
meet the Resident Parasite.
The way you (and others) follow me around Usenet contributing nothing else,
that's actually a good description of yourself, silly bimbo.

Reginald Simpson
2007-05-01 23:03:18 UTC
Why am I not surprised with this, coming from an egomaniac with no balls?
Dennis M. Hammes
http://scrawlmark.org
Reginald Simpson

Denis Leary
Dennis M. Hammes
http://scrawlmark.org
Dennis M. Hammes
2007-05-03 07:59:50 UTC
Post by Reginald Simpson
Post by Dennis M. Hammes
There was an old bimbo whose balls
Were sorely infested with galls,
But before the old sot
Could succumb to the rot,
He was et by a critter what crawls.
Bravo Dennis,
If you haven't already done so, you should find a publisher and put that
obviously good talent to work.
I enjoyed reading your spontaneous poetry.
/Playboy/ hasn't had a Limerick Issue since you were a pup, and I
don't want fan mail from /Penthouse/ "readers."
(I get enough of that from Dockery.)
http://scrawlmark.org
On The Highways and Bi-Ways God Built
2007-05-02 01:24:25 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Renay
meet the Resident Parasite.
The way you (and others) follow me around Usenet contributing nothing else,
that's actually a good description of yourself, silly bimbo.
i thought you weren't going to respond to her any more?

can't resist, can you? you don't care about being good at anything, all you want
is the attention. and so my views that you don't care about creativity are true.
you're just a sad, pathetic attention junkie.

Reginald has you pegged perfectly.

Denis Leary
Dennis M. Hammes
2007-05-02 09:43:31 UTC
Post by Renay
Post by Will Dockery
I don't recall you as being known anywhere, not even on Usenet... at least
Stuart's still the Second Best Poet of Usenet.
You try so hard to change the subject, when you know I've got your number,
don't you? It's just another typical response from someone with no
cojones.
I must admit though, it is entertaining watching you squirm, when I've got
you backed into a corner. You must be thinking, "Man, who is this guy?
He's sure got me all figured out. I can't fool him. I've got to change the
subject, and get him talking about something else."
Now, entertain me some more, boy.
Reginald Simpson, meet the Resident Parasite.
(you seem to have already figured that out)
Renay
There was an old cracker, a parasite
Whose butt was of battered embarassite,
Which he would show off
And continue to scoff
At all those who had not seen so rare a sight.
http://scrawlmark.org
Will Dockery
2007-05-01 21:02:12 UTC
Post by Reginald Simpson
You must be thinking, "Man, who is this
guy?
Not really. You seem like just another Usenet idiot to me.

2007-05-01 21:07:01 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Reginald Simpson
You must be thinking, "Man, who is this
guy?
Not really. You seem like just another Usenet idiot to me.
of course if he told you what you wanted to hear, you'd think he was a wonderful
person.

you're very predictable, crackery.

Denis Leary
Reginald Simpson
2007-05-01 21:22:00 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Reginald Simpson
You must be thinking, "Man, who is this
guy?
Not really. You seem like just another Usenet idiot to me.
of course if he told you what you wanted to hear, you'd think he was a wonderful
person.
you're very predictable, crackery.
most sincerely,
GodBuilt
Exactly.

I was going to say that he hasn't said anything that I wasn't expecting
him to say, but I think you said it better.

Him calling me the "Usenet idiot" is truly hilarious, and I might add,
very entertaining as well.
Dennis M. Hammes
2007-05-02 08:34:31 UTC
Post by Reginald Simpson
Post by Will Dockery
I don't recall you as being known anywhere, not even on Usenet... at least
Stuart's still the Second Best Poet of Usenet.
You try so hard to change the subject, when you know I've got your
number, don't you? It's just another typical response from someone with
no cojones.
There was an old cracker whose boneys
Were wanting of any /cojones/,
And so all his passes
Were made at men's asses
(For safety, he wore macaronis).
http://scrawlmark.org
On The Highways and Bi-Ways God Built
2007-05-01 15:40:32 UTC
Post by Stuart Leichter
Post by Will Dockery
<snip>
Post by Will Dockery
[...]
maybe you were just drunk and imagined most of this?

it's always possible... or even likely?

Denis Leary
Stuart Leichter
2007-05-01 16:23:07 UTC
Post by On The Highways and Bi-Ways God Built
Post by Stuart Leichter
Post by Will Dockery
<snip>
Post by Will Dockery
[...]
Yes! My usual black beer blackout.
Post by On The Highways and Bi-Ways God Built
it's always possible... or even likely?
Yeah, I took liberties with the story. The guy's a raving lunatic, a John
Bircher type, a Harvard-trained 'language poetry' adherent (and an
outstanding poet). You should have heard him debating Dr. Cyril Wecht at the
JFK assassination conference a few years ago. OT, I have a personal letter
from Dr. Wecht (in ink that smears!), I know the good fellow, and had drinks
with him at a birthday party and at a wedding. We joked at the birthday
party -- he was on all the news shows at the time, going on about the OJ
Simpson stuff -- we said Cyril believes the real killers were the same guys
who killed JFK. BTW, his suntan is authentic. Fuck, the last I heard, the
Bushies got him indicted for using public funds for private use -- his
staffer drove him to the airport when he'd go somewhere to perform autopsies
for families.
GodBuilt
On The Highways and Bi-Ways God Built
2007-05-01 16:46:02 UTC
Post by Stuart Leichter
Post by On The Highways and Bi-Ways God Built
Post by Stuart Leichter
Post by Will Dockery
<snip>
Post by Will Dockery
[...]
dockery as a role model isn't your best bet, Stuart.
Post by Stuart Leichter
Post by On The Highways and Bi-Ways God Built
it's always possible... or even likely?
Yeah, I took liberties with the story.
i prefer to think you made it more interesting.
Post by Stuart Leichter
The guy's a raving lunatic, a John
Bircher type, a Harvard-trained 'language poetry' adherent (and an
outstanding poet).
there isn't a lot of competition in the John Birch style of poetry, that's for
sure.
Post by Stuart Leichter
You should have heard him debating Dr. Cyril Wecht at the
JFK assassination conference a few years ago.
they still have conferences on that issue?
Post by Stuart Leichter
OT, I have a personal letter
from Dr. Wecht (in ink that smears!), I know the good fellow, and had drinks
with him at a birthday party and at a wedding.
i once drank coffee with Tom Waits.
Post by Stuart Leichter
We joked at the birthday
party -- he was on all the news shows at the time, going on about the OJ
Simpson stuff -- we said Cyril believes the real killers were the same guys
who killed JFK.
i keep trying to tell people that Oswald was a sharp-shooter in the Marine
Corps, so it's pretty easy to believe that he could hit Kennedy from as far away
as he was. no grassy knoll, no massive conspiracy, just loser Oswald. but no one
wants to listen to reality on that issue, it's not as sexy as believing LBJ,
Ethel and Julius Rosenberg and the Beatles were ALL in on it.
Post by Stuart Leichter
BTW, his suntan is authentic. Fuck, the last I heard, the
Bushies got him indicted for using public funds for private use -- his
staffer drove him to the airport when he'd go somewhere to perform autopsies
for families.
it's important to keep busy in your golden years.

Denis Leary
Orson Wells as CitizenCain
2007-05-01 01:33:30 UTC
"Will Dockery" <***@knology.net> wrote in message news:4cc58$46359ecd$18d62320$***@KNOLOGY.NET...

- snip -

Is there any reason you spammed Usenet with this bullshit, Will?