Happy Birthday Charles Baudelaire!
Will Dockery
2012-04-10 02:04:43 UTC
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Baudelaire

Charles Pierre Baudelaire (April 9, 1821 – August 31, 1867) was a
French poet who produced notable work as an essayist, art critic, and
pioneering translator of Edgar Allan Poe. His most famous work, Les
Fleurs du mal (The Flowers of Evil), expresses the changing nature of
beauty in modern, industrializing Paris during the 19th century.
Baudelaire's highly original style of prose-poetry influenced a whole
generation of poets including Paul Verlaine, Arthur Rimbaud and
Stéphane Mallarmé among many others. He is credited with coining the
term "modernity" (modernité) to designate the fleeting, ephemeral
experience of life in an urban metropolis, and the responsibility art
has to capture that experience.

--
Music & poetry from Will Dockery & Friends:
http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery
THE COLONEL

I think all metropoli are urban.
Corey
2012-04-16 08:20:59 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
Charles Pierre Baudelaire (April 9, 1821 – August 31, 1867) was a
French poet who produced notable work as an essayist, art critic, and
pioneering translator of Edgar Allan Poe. His most famous work, Les
Fleurs du mal (The Flowers of Evil), expresses the changing nature of
beauty in modern, industrializing Paris during the 19th century.
Baudelaire's highly original style of prose-poetry influenced a whole
generation of poets including Paul Verlaine, Arthur Rimbaud and
Stéphane Mallarmé among many others. He is credited with coining the
term "modernity" (modernité) to designate the fleeting, ephemeral
experience of life in an urban metropolis, and the responsibility art
has to capture that experience.
--
Music & poetry from Will Dockery & Friends:http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery
I think all metropoli are urban.
Funny. That makes me think of urb, an the Mets in NYC. And I'm not
even a baseball fan.
Will Dockery
2012-04-16 20:29:41 UTC
Post by Corey
Post by Will Dockery
[...]
Tis the season I reckon...

--
http://www.ustream.tv/​recorded/21802713/​highlight/257121
A Hogbottom preview of Shadowville All-Stars 2012.
low or is it just my machine?
Corey
2012-04-16 20:43:16 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Corey
Post by Will Dockery
[...]
Hmmm ... The Million Man Marijuana March is May 5, and I'm Meeting My
Mates at the Metropolitan Opera. Maybe that's what I was thinking
because it's all about the Doughs, the Raise, and ME ME ME.