Jack Kerouac on record
Will Dockery
2018-05-12 09:23:04 UTC
Haiku instructions from Jack Kerouac...

http://www.theparisreview.org/interviews/4260/the-art-of-fiction-no-41-jack-kerouac

"Haiku? You want to hear haiku? You see you got to compress into three short
lines a great big story. First you start with a haiku situation—so you see a
leaf, as I told her the other night, falling on the back of a sparrow during
a great big October wind storm. A big leaf falls on the back of a little
sparrow. How you going to compress that into three lines? Now in Japanese
you got to compress it into seventeen syllables. We don’t have to do that in
American—or English—because we don’t have the same syllabic bullshit that
your Japanese language has. So you say: “Little sparrow”—you don’t have to
say little—everybody knows a sparrow is little because they fall so you
say'..." -Jack Kerouac

Excerpted for example, discussion and educational fair use purposes...
guidelines from the top shelf...
Will Dockery

Will Dockery
2019-02-15 19:14:11 UTC
"Chafetz Chayim haYehu'di" wrote in message news:9e36f27a-6574-4213-bdf5-***@googlegroups.com...

Jack Kerouac, 2018. Kerouac on record: a literary soundtrack [eds. Simon
Warner & Jim Sampas] (Bloomsbury Academic), 1-462

Foreword --
Introduction / Simon Warner --
Jack Kerouac's jazz scene / Jim Burns --
The beginning of Bop / Jack Kerouac --
2nd chorus: Blues : Jack Kerouac / Larry Beckett --
Duet for saxophone and pen : Lee Konitz and the direct influence of jazz on
the development of Jack Kerouac's 'Spontaneous prose' style / Marian Jago --
Interview 1: Lee Konitz / Marian Jago --
Jack Kerouac goes vinyl : a sonic journey into Kerouac's three LPs - Poetry
for the Beat generation; Blues and haikus; and Readings by Jack Kerouac on
the Beat generation / Jonah Raskin --
Art music : listening to Kerouac's Mexico City Blues / A. Robert Lee --
Interview 2: David Amram / Pat Thomas --
Beat refrains : music, milieu and identity in Jack Kerouac's The
Subterraneans, the Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer film adaptation / Michael J.
Prince --
Bob Dylan's Beat visions (sonic poetry) / Michael Goldberg --
Carrying a torch for 'Ti Jean' / Paul Marion --
Interview 3: Richard Meltzer / Michael Goldberg --
The Grateful Dead : Jack manifested as music / Brian Hassett --
Driver : Neal Cassady's musical trip / Mark Bliesener --
Jim Morrison / Angel of Fire / Jay Jeff Jones --
Light is Faster than sound : Texans, the Beats and the San Francisco
counterculture / Holly George-Warren --
Hit the road, Jack : Van Morrison and On the road / Peter Mills --
Detecting Jack Kerouac and Joni Mitchell : a literary/legal (not
musicological) investigation into the search for influence / Nancy
M.Grace --
Kerouac and country music / Matt Theado --
'Straight from the mind to the voice' : spectral persistence in Jack Kerouac
and Tom Waits / Douglas Field --
Interview 4: Barney Hoskyns on Tom Waits / Simon Warner --
From Beat Bop prosody to Punk Rock poetry : Patti Smith and Jack Kerouac -
literature, lineage, legacy / Ronna C. Johnson --
Poems / Marc Zegans --
Interview 5: Allen Ginsberg / Pat Thomas --
Tramps like them : Jack and Bruce and the myth of the American road / Simon
A. Morrison --
Interview 6: Graham Parker / Pat Thomas --
Punk and New Wave / James Sullivan --
Interview 7: Jim DeRogatis on Lester Bangs / James Sullivan --
The Kerouac tribute recordings / Jim Sampas with Simon Warner --
Appendix I: Essentials of spontaneous prose / Jack Kerouac --
Appendix II: Belief and technique for modern prose / Jack Kerouac --
Appendix III: Jack Kerouac : an annotated discography / Dave Moore --
Appendix IV: Tribute album discography / Jim Sampas --
Appendix V: Jack and Neal on record / Dave Moore and Horst Spandler.
STEPHAN PICKERING / חפץ ח"ם בן אברהם
Torah אלילה Yehu'di Apikores / Philologia Kabbalistica Speculativa
Researcher
לחיות זמן רב ולשגשג...לעולם לא עוד
THE KABBALAH FRACTALS PROJECT

IN PROGRESS: Shabtai Zisel benAvraham v'Rachel Riva:
davening in the musematic dark