New folk-jazz album "Lonesome Traveler" released
RVG
2011-03-29 07:46:13 UTC
Dedicated to novelist, poet, bum and anachoret Jean-Louis "Jack"
Kerouac.
This is my first and so far only concept album, a sort of folk/jazz
symphonic poem punctuated by interviews in French and haikus in English
of beat poet Jack Kerouac.

credits:
I want to thank wholeheartedly Radio Canada for the archive footage
quoted in this album, as well as Darin Favorite and Wanda Vick from
Nashville, TN without whom this album wouldn't be the road-symphony I
intended to make.

The album is released under Creative Commons license and is FREE
to listen online at either
http://www.jamendo.com/en/album/87798
or
http://rvgmusic.bandcamp.com/

Jamendo offers FREE mid-quality download and you can buy a CD quality
version on Bandcamp.

tags
tags: beat classical folk jazz jazz piano poetry road

Thread fu2 rec.music.makers.jazz for discussion.

If you like the album, please share the links with your friends and
contacts through Facebook, etc. rather than copy your own downloaded
album (although you may copy the 128 bits free version from Jamendo).
I'm not supported by big company advertisement, so I get attention only
by the stats from Bandcamp and Jamendo.

Enjoy!
--
The imagination is not a State: it is the Human existence itself."
William Blake

http://rvgmusic.bandcamp.com/
http://www.jamendo.com/fr/user/RVG95
http://bluedusk.blogspot.com/
Will Dockery
2011-04-04 01:43:36 UTC
[...]
Looking forward to checking this out when I return later tonight, and
passing it on to my fellow poets on a.a.p.c.--- thanks!

--
Will Dockery & The Shadowville All-Stars:
http://www.youtube.com/user/WDockery